REINFORCED BLACK DEERSKIN
- Motorcycle racing glove
- Road-race glove with pre-curved hand and coolmax lining
- ARAMID under palm-patches and knuckle-patches
- Coolmax lining on top hand only to reduce bulk
- Finger seams sewn inside for durability
- Inserted wrist gore gusset for snug wrist fit
- Knuckle patches sewn over knuckles and down fingers
- Leather tab across wrist with velcro closure
- Palm heel patch
- Wrist strap with D-ring and velcro closure
- Molded nylon hardware
- Specially tanned and prepared Glove deerskin
- Two-tone color styling
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
AMA Pro Road Racer Dale ¼ley has been wearing Vanson Leather since 1985. Back then, with race gloves a dime a dozen, Dale wanted us to make a glove that fit as well as it protected. Back then, Vanson Leathers didn't pretend to know everything about making a good racing glove. For many of our products, pro racers are our R&D Department, so we did some field research and talked to some of the racers we know, picking their brains to develop and refine concepts that apply equally to street and track. When it comes to safety concerns and suggestions, the extreme environment of the track is without peer. Our large circle of racing friends - Dale ¼ley, Jerry Wood, Steve Aspland, Jeff Heino, Dave Roper, Fritz Kling, Jay Springsteen and others is why our race gloves are so reliable and in such demand.
The gauntlet of these gloves serves one purpose - to protect the wrist zipper of the racing suit sleeve in a crash. If the wrist zipper is exposed and broken, the sleeve will be pulled up the arm, exposing skin to asphalt. The gauntlet prevents that.
There is an adjustable strap on the outside of the wrist, and when this is tightened it works with the elastic strip zig-zag stitched to the inside of the glove, on the inside of the wrist. This stops the glove being pulled off if you crash and are sliding backwards down the track.
These gloves have perforated knuckle expander panels, which allow the knuckles to work freely and keeps them protected in a crash. The tops of the fingers are protected by high-density foam and extra leather, with a doughnut of high-energy-absorbing foam under perforated leather. The perforations are to allow the leather to stretch and shape to your knuckles as you flex your hands, and there is Kevlar® under the palm pad for added protection.
Comformax lines the back of the hand for cooling, but is only used there and not on the palm, for less bulk when gripping the controls.
These gloves are precurved for better fit, minimum bulk in the palm area, and less break-in time. These gloves should fit skin-tight around the palm and fingers with your hand partly curled. The wrist fit should be snug, holding the glove securely in position. The top of the gauntlet should be held tightly over the suit sleeve by the Velcro tab, with plenty of overlap.
These gloves come in two versions - the TALO and the TALX. The only difference is that the TALX has brass studs on the heel of the hand for even more protection if you ever find yourself sliding down the asphalt.
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- MEAS.....7.....7.5- 8.....8.5- 9.....9
- Wrap tape over the widest part of the knuckle
- measurement. Measure your dominant hand.
- Measures about 12 inches from tip of middle finger to edge of cuff - Medium
- Strap to cuff edge is 3 1/2 inches.
- Glove dimensions given are approximate as gloves stretch during manufacture
- and use.
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.